If you have type 2 diabetes, you know what you need to do to manage your condition. What you may not know, though, is that hormone replacement therapy can help dramatically. Many factors come into play, such as maintaining your weight, eating a healthy diet, and exercising. But by replacing the hormones you lose naturally as you age, you can help prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes and improve your condition if you already have it.
How Do Hormones Affect Type 2 Diabetes?
Hormones play a large role in regulating blood sugar, helping to stabilize the amount of glucose in the bloodstream. Over time, poor eating habits and lack of exercise combined with hormone deficiencies can sabotage your glucose levels and cause increased insulin resistance. According to a recent study, lower levels of testosterone in men increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and other metabolic disorders. It’s also thought that low progesterone levels can lead to insulin resistance in both men and women. Restoring vital hormones to optimal levels can make a profound impact on patients with diabetes.
What Else Can I Do to Help Manage Type 2 Diabetes?
In addition to getting your hormones back in balance, you should also make the following lifestyle changes that will help you manage your condition, including:
- Include foods in your diet that are rich in fiber and healthy carbohydrates. Eating fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will help you keep your glucose levels steady.
- Eat at regular intervals.
- Try to avoid refined carbohydrates, sweets, and keep animal fats to a minimum.
- Only eat until you’re full.
- Control your weight and keep your heart healthy.
- Get about 30 minutes of aerobic activity daily, which keeps your heart healthy and helps to control your glucose levels.
Hormone Therapy At 25 Again Can Help You Manage Type 2 Diabetes. Take our free survey now!
If you’ve been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, our doctors can replenish vital hormones that will help you lose weight and improve your blood sugar levels.
To learn more about how 25 Again can improve how you manage your type 2 diabetes, just call us at 1-866-420-9260 or signup for one our assessments today.