With most of the country sheltering in place, you might be noticing that clothes are feeling a little tight due to added pounds. Stress eating, reduced activity, indulging in comfort foods, come gyms still closed, and other factors may be to blame, but there are things you can do to lose that extra quarantine weight.
What Are the Health Benefits of Losing Weight?
The good news is that you don’t have to lose a substantial number of pounds to enjoy the medical benefits of weight loss. In fact, some studies show that just a five to 10 percent decrease in your weight can change your health. Here are some of the medical benefits of losing weight:
- Decreased risk of diabetes
- Lowered blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol levels
- Decreased risk of heart disease
- Decreased risk of certain cancers
- Improved mobility
- Improved breathing
- Decreased joint pain
- Improved blood sugar levels
- Decreased risk of stroke
- Reduced back pain
- Decreased risk or improvement in symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Decreased risk or improvement in symptoms of sleep apnea
Talk to your doctor or Personalized Primary Care physician at 25 Again about the specific health benefits you can expect to see when you lose weight and get ready for summer.
What Are the Lifestyle Benefits of Losing Weight?
In addition to all the medical benefits that come with losing weight, you may also notice other lifestyle benefits as well. Here are some of the things people who’ve lost weight are now enjoying:
- Greater confidence
- Better sleep
- Improved energy
- Improved sex life
- Decreased stress
- Improved vitality
- Improved mood
- Improved body image
How Can 25 Again Help Me Lose the Weight I’ve Gained During Quarantine?
Let us help you come out of quarantine looking your best and feeling decades younger!
Losing weight is easier when you have a personalized, evidence-based program and doctors that give you all the support you need to achieve your goals. At 25 Again, our medical professionals can get your hormones back in balance and create a weight loss plan that’s personalized to your body’s unique needs.
What Hormones Are Associated With Weight Loss?
There are many different hormones that, when combined with a healthy diet and exercise, can help you lose weight:
- Testosterone. Produced by both men and women, testosterone inhibits fat storage, especially in the abdomen. Low levels can cause sugar cravings and can lead to insulin resistance.
- Estrone. A form of estrogen, this hormone helps women control their appetite and sugar cravings.
- Progesterone. This hormone helps facilitate the conversion of fat to energy and is often used in hormone replacement therapy for women to help prevent overeating.
- Human Growth Hormone. This hormone is produced in the pituitary gland and helps inhibit the production of body fat and decreases visceral and subcutaneous fats.
- Insulin. In addition to regulating fat metabolism, this hormone causes glucose absorption in the liver, muscles, and fat tissues.
- Incretin. This hormone helps ensure a proper insulin response after eating by preventing elevated glucagon levels, producing a sense of fullness, curbing food intake, and slowing the rate of gastric emptying.
- Pregnenolone. This powerful hormone appears to regulate other hormones to prevent the abdominal fat storage and stress caused by cortisol, keep metabolism high, and improve brain function.
How Does Hormone Replacement Therapy Help With Weight Loss?
As we age, we lose many of the hormones associated with weight loss. Fortunately, 25 Again can help restore your ability to lose weight simply by replenishing the hormones you’ve lost. Our doctors can determine which hormones are missing and, using our proven hormone replacement therapy, we can help you lose weight and feel more energetic and vibrant.
Learn More About Losing Weight at 25 Again
If you’re interested in learning more about how 25 Again can help you lose the weight you’ve gained during quarantine, we’re here to help. To get started, click here or call 25 Again at 1-866-420-9260 to set up an appointment and hit your health goals for this summer.
I liked how you mentioned that you can gain more energy throughout the day by losing weight. My wife is preparing for a new job and she was wondering how she could have more energy in the mornings. I’ll be sure to tell her that she should consider losing weight to gain more energy.
I’m currently on TRT. The place I go to only uses Test and HCG. I’d like more info please.
The best way to learn about our program is to have a baseline appointment. This way we can understand what you are currently taking and then draft a plan of care from there. This month the VIP assessment/baseline appointment is only $99 marked down from $395.